Her First Furniture Transformation: Guest

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Over at One Life Many Journeys she pulled off a nice furniture transformation for her first time.



This project has taken me way longer than I would have ever dreamed. I hear others in blog land talk of doing projects in a weekend....what is up with that. Maybe some day I can be more efficient.

I bought this gun cabinet from a lady on Craigslist. Her dog tried to bite me but it was so worth it.

Are ya just itchin to see it? Ok I will stop teasing. Her she is in all her faded glory.


She is a little rough around the edges. I am sure she had seen better days.


I took her apart to make the sanding and spray painting a little easier. Time for sanding.....


I sanded the whole thing down and filled in deep scratches and chips with wood filler......I kinda missed some picture taking opportunities here. I added crown molding to the top. After sanding I primed everything and then decided to add two slots for baskets.




I remembered to take the most random pictures. This is the basket box that I was building.


Just a little peep






The drawer pull and knob were both ORB and did not show well so I gave them a spattering of silver and now they pop and match the chicken wire!


Oh...I know....GET ON WITH IT!


I junked the pressed stuff that was on the back and replaced it with bead board. I painted it white and then glazed it. There was no glass for the door so I stapled and stapled and stapled....oh sorry....chicken wire. Did I mention that it took a billion staples for the chicken wire and that I can attest to the fact that it will eat your knuckles off.





BEFORE

AFTER

Just a couple more angles cause I just cant stop!!!

This one helps you see the glazed bead board goodness!



 


Ain't she a beauty? Just as I envisioned her to be!!
Would you have done something different? Let me have it.


What do you think?  How did she do?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP