Half-moon Table
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Nice table upgrade at My House of Giggles, by Tracy.
Half-Moon Table gets a Cabana Stripe Makeover
As usual, I've been craving a project. With Finn in the Ergo carrier and Toby busy with a cookie from the bakery next door, I was able to peruse my favourite little thrift shop yesterday...
...and this is what I found! I know...doesn't look like much.....but it's kind of dainty and in good sturdy shape.
How could a girl pass it up for $2?
A quick coat of "french grey" (aka....a touch of the black paint left over from my back steps, added to an inch of white semi-gloss in the bottom of a can) , and a white cabana stripe, and she's a new table!
(the cabana stripe is really easy to do using green painter's tape....my stripes aren't perfect because I just sort of eye-balled them, but you could get meticulous and measure it out) :) Just tape off the stripes you don't want painted, roll on your stripe colour, and if you're anything like me, rip off the tape long before the paint is dry because you just simply can't wait another minute to see your finished product! :)
I roughed up the edges with a piece of sand paper, for a more worn-in look.
I'm still sort of undecided as to where I'm going to put her...but I'm sure she'll find a perfect home somewhere very soon.
She's sitting in my newly re-decorated front entry right now, under a little shelf I nabbed for $1 today (and of course, promptly painted white).
What do you think?





0 comments:
Post a Comment